Trusted Advisor Academy Terms of Service
Last Modified: September 18, 2020
By signing up for the Trusted Advisor Academy service (“Service”) or any of the services of Trusted Advisor LLC (“Trusted Advisor”) you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”). Any new features or tools which are added to the current Service shall be also subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the current version of the Terms of Service at any time at here. Trusted Advisor reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to the Trusted Advisor Academy website. You are advised to check the Terms of Service from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you.
Everyday language summaries are provided for your benefit and are not legally binding. Please read the “Terms of Service” for the complete picture of your legal requirements. By using Trusted Advisor Academy or any Trusted Advisor services, you are agreeing to these terms. Be sure to occasionally check back for updates.
1. Account Terms
- You must be 18 years or older or at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside or from which you use this Service.
- You must provide your legal name, a valid email address, and any other information needed in order to complete the signup process.
- You acknowledge that Trusted Advisor will use the email address you provide as the primary method for communication.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure. Trusted Advisor cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your account and password.
- You are responsible for all activity and content such as videos, files, data, graphics, photos and links that is uploaded under your Trusted Advisor Academy account. You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- A breach or violation of any term in the Terms of Service as determined in the sole discretion of Trusted Advisor will result in an immediate termination of your services.
Which means: Don’t use Trusted Advisor Academy for anything illegal or transmit any harmful code. Remember that with any violation of these terms we will cancel your service. If we need to reach you, we will send you an email.
2. Account Activation
- The person signing up for the Service will be the contracting party (“Account Owner”) for the purposes of our Terms of Service.
- If you have been provided an account by your employer or as part of any other Trusted Advisor program or Service, you are considered the Account Owner.
Which means: The person signing up for the Trusted Advisor Academy Service is responsible for the account and is bound by these Terms of Service.
3. General Conditions
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email. If you have been provided this Service by your employer or as part of another paid Trusted Advisor program or Service, you are considered to be a paying account holder.
- You may not use the Trusted Advisor Academy service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws) as well as the laws of the state of New Jersey and the United States of America.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission of Trusted Advisor.
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to education@TrustedAdvisor.com.
- You understand that your Course Content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit Card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
Which means: The Trusted Advisor Academy service belongs to us. You are not allowed to steal or copy it or use it for any illegal or sketchy purpose. Your content may be transferred unencrypted and may be altered, but credit card information is always encrypted.
4. Trusted Advisor Rights
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Course Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Trusted Advisor does not pre-screen Course Content and it is in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any Course Content that is available via the Service.
Which means: We can modify, cancel or refuse the service and remove Course Content at anytime.
5. Limitation of Liability
- You expressly understand and agree that Trusted Advisor shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the use of or inability to use the service.
- In no event shall Trusted Advisor or our suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our site, our services or this agreement (however arising including negligence). You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, Trusted Advisor partners, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
- Trusted Advisor does not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- Trusted Advisor does not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable.
- Trusted Advisor does not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- In no event will Service Provider’s aggregate liability for all claims of any kind, including any claims arising out of or related to this agreement, whether by statute, contract, tort, or under any other theory of liability, exceed the fees paid by you for the Trusted Advisor Academy Service hereunder during the one (1) month period immediately preceding the date on which the cause of action arose.
Which means: We are not responsible if you break the law, breach this agreement or go against the rights of a third party, especially if you get sued. Service is “as is” so it may have errors or interruptions and we provide no warranties. The total amount of our potential liability is limited to one month of your fees paid to us.
6. Waiver and Complete Agreement
The failure of Trusted Advisor to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Trusted Advisor and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Trusted Advisor (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Which means: If Trusted Advisor chooses not to enforce any of these provisions at any time, it does not mean that they give up that right later. These terms of service make up the agreement that applies to you. This means that any previous agreements between you and Trusted Advisor don’t apply if they conflict with these terms.
7. Trademark and Copyright
Trusted Advisor LLC and certain other brands, trademarks, and service marks are marks of Trusted Advisor LLC and its affiliates. The Materials on this Site are copyrighted, and any unauthorized use of any Materials on this Site may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
Which means: Don’t copy any content without express written permission from us.
8. Payment of Fees
- A valid credit card is required for accounts able to process orders using a live payment gateway.
- Accounts purchased by your employer on your behalf or in conjunction with another Trusted Advisor program or Service that have been paid for by another means do not require a valid credit card.
Which means: For online payments, a valid credit card is required. No refunds.
9. Cancellation and Termination
- You may cancel your account at any time by emailing education@TrustedAdvisor.com and then following the specific instructions indicated to you in Trusted Advisor’s response.
- Once cancellation is confirmed, all of your Course Content will be immediately deleted from the Service. Since deletion of all data is final, please be sure that you do in fact want to cancel your account before doing so.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Trusted Advisor Academy service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- Fraud: Without limiting any other remedies, Trusted Advisor may suspend or terminate your account if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the Site.
Which means: To initiate a cancellation, email education@TrustedAdvisor.com. Trusted Advisor will respond with specific information regarding the cancellation process for your account. Once cancellation is confirmed, all your content will be permanently deleted. We may change or cancel your account at any time. Any fraud, and we will suspend or cancel your account.
10. Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Trusted Advisor reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Trusted Advisor shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service.
Which means: We may change or discontinue the service at any time, without liability.